3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP420 is a toughened, two-part epoxy structural adhesive that provides good strength along with high impact and fatigue resistance to meet demanding bonding challenges. 3M™ Scotch-Weld Epoxy Adhesive DP420 can replace mechanical fasteners, screws, rivets and spot welds in many applications.
Bonds stainless steel shaft into stainless steel club head
High Peel and Shear Strength Maintains Lasting Bond at High and Low Temperatures
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP420 maintains bond strength at high and low temperatures and can withstand paint bake operations up to 400°F for 60 minutes. It works well on a variety of substrates such as metals, ceramics, wood, glass, many composites and plastics, and is an excellent indoor bonding agent for joining, gluing, potting, panel bonding, and structural bonding. 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP420 Off-White meets the requirements for UL 94 HB.
20 Minute Work Life Provides Time for Positioning and Adjustment
- Small joint assembly
- Heavy-duty mounting assembly
- Carbon fiber epoxy bonding
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP420 reaches handling strength in approximately two hours and is fully cured in 24 hours (at 72°F/22°C.) The mix ratio is 2:1 and provides a 20 minute work life, providing time to adjust for desired f
- High peel and shear strength maintains enduring bond at both and low temperatures
- Toughened for impact and fatigue resistance
- 20 minute work life provides time for positioning and adjustment
- Adhesive cures at room temperature, making it a convenient and easy to use solution for challenging applications
- Reaches high strength quickly with heat cure