• sets out the principles that 3M follows when processing Personal Data; and
• describes other important topics relating to an individual’s right to privacy.
(a) What 3M collects
The types of Personal Data that 3M may collect from individuals will depend upon the particular transaction. The Personal Data collected by 3M may include but is not limited to the following:
• name, title, address;
• personal identification and/or passport number;
• telephone number;
• email address and online passwords;
• records of communications with 3M;
• responses to market surveys and contests conducted by 3M or on 3M’s behalf;
• credit card or debit card information;
• camera or video footage that identifies individuals (including CCTV footage) installed at some parts of 3M’s premises as part of its security infrastructure;
• username, password and other identifiers when you register at 3M’s website;
(b) Collection, Purpose of Collection and Processing of Personal Data
Personal Data will, generally, only be collected and used for the primary purposes of:
• communicating with employees, customers, contractors, suppliers, agents or any other individuals;
• conducting, improving, maintaining and developing a business relationship and/or for employment purposes;
• general HR administration and information required for the management of the employment relationship;
• processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
• identifying and verifying individuals that have been supplied with any 3M services or products;
• administering customer orders or managing projects;
• responding to an individual’s queries;
• administering contests or market surveys conducted by 3M or on 3M’s behalf
• marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional notices and offers)
• processing your purchase, application, inquiry or request;
• ensuring IT security and resource management;
• ensuring site security;
• compliance with applicable laws and regulations of regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies;
• administrative purposes such as billing, payment and debt collection;
• responding to any claim and/or legal process;
• improving 3M’s website.
3M discloses Personal Data:
• for the primary purpose for which it was collected; or
• for purposes that a reasonable person will consider appropriate in the circumstances; or
• where the individual has consented; or
• for direct marketing by 3M where consent has been given, but individuals will be given the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing. 3M includes its contact details in any direct marketing; or
• where permitted by the Data Privacy Act of 2012 or other applicable law or if required by law;
• to 3M’s parent, related, affiliate and/or associate company;
• in any court of law or any relevant party in connection with any claim or legal proceedings, legal firms and/or advisors, debt collection agencies, credit reporting agencies and/or credit providers;
• to any payment agencies including, but not limited to, financial institutions for purposes of maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit, and facilitating payment;
• regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies;
• third party service providers, consultants, insurers, underwriters, auditors and advisors as well as their respective agents and/or contractors on a need to know basis; and
• any actual or potential assignee, transferee or acquirer of any of 3M’s business in connection with any corporate exercise.
3M does not disclose your Personal Data for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been previously given, pursuant to the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
3M will not sell or license any Personal Data that it collects from an individual.
In situations where 3M processes Personal Data outside reasonable expectations, 3M will require your consent prior to processing.
You may choose whether or not to provide your Personal Data, and, if already provided, may choose to exercise your right to object, block, or remove such Personal Data as provided for under the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
If you would like to exercise your right to object, block, or remove your consent, kindly write to 3M at the address stated in paragraph 9 below. In this respect, 3M may not be able to provide you with the services requested by yourself beyond the performance of contracts between you and 3M.
When you object, block or remove your consent, 3M shall no longer process your Personal Data, unless:
1. The Personal Data is needed pursuant to a subpoena;
2. The Processing is for obvious purposes, including, when it is necessary for the performance of or in relation to a contract or service to which you are a party, or when necessary or desirable in the context of an employer-employee relationship between you and 3M; or
3. The Personal Data is being collected and processed to comply with a legal obligation.
In ensuring that the Personal Data provided is processed accurately, you represent that any Personal Data that you submit is accurate and complete. Kindly update your Personal Data from time to time to ensure that the same is accurate.
To request access or if you have any inquiries, or wish to exercise your right to rectification, or right to file a complaint regarding your Personal Data submitted to 3M previously, kindly write to 3M at the address stated in paragraph 9 below. In doing so, kindly provide sufficient information to enable 3M to verify your identity. You may also be charged with a reasonable fee for the processing of your request; unless and until such a fee is received by 3M, it will not be able to process your said request. 3M may on receipt of your request, either comply or refuse your request to access or rectify your Personal Data, which shall be done only on grounds provided for under the Data Privacy Act of 2012. In any event, 3M shall state the action taken and the reasons therefor in its reply to you.
3M gives individuals the option not to identify themselves when dealing with it, where practicable.
Any Personal Data provided to 3M may be transferred to, stored by or disclosed to an overseas recipient. For example, 3M may use a server hosted overseas to store data, which may include your Personal Data.
Your Personal Data may also be processed by employees or by other third parties operating outside of the Philippines, who works for 3M, or by the representatives and employees of 3M’s parent company and its affiliates.
Data Protection Officer
3M Philippines, Inc.
9/F Three World Square Building
22 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill
Taguig City 1634